There is a picture on the blog - 2006 Mazda RX-8.
rx-8club.com is a message forum.
Oil: 5W-20; distance between low and high is 1.8 qt.
Wheels and Tires
tire pressure: (at least) 32 psi (front and rear)
original tires: 225/45R18 91W Bridgestone Potenza RE040
original wheels: 21mm lugnuts; new wheels: 13/16" lugnuts
assure that centering rings are in place on wheels
Torque lugnuts (p 7-16): 88 - 118 N-m OR 65 - 87 ft-lbs
Tire presssure sensors (p 5-31):
- After mounting different wheels, the tire pressure sensor IDs need to be re-registered with the car's sensor system.
- If the vehicle is driven within 15 minutes, then the tire pressure warning light will flash because the sensor IDs have not been registered.
- Follow these steps to register the sensors:
- turn ignition switch ON, then turn it back to ACC or LOCK.
- wait for about 15 minutes.
- after 15 minutes, drive at a speed of at least 16mph for 10 minutes.
- the tire pressure sensor ID signal codes should be registered automatically
torque wrench has 3/8" drive; large ratchet has 1/2" drive;
look for: 13/16" lug wrench
TireRack is a supplier of wheels and tires.
winter setup: MSW Type 11; 225/45VR18 Bridgestone Blizzak LM-25
centering rings for winter wheels: 73-67mm Gorilla ring, Ref 4812009